Welcome!

Welcome to my blog! I hope you enjoy visiting from time to time. I will have fun posting information related to current projects, my travels, or just random thoughts! Feel free to post your comments anytime.

Friday, June 5, 2009

Another Touch of Inspiration


One of my favorite series of portraits by Everett Raymond Kinstler are those of Katharine Hepburn. 

This one, currently hanging in a club in NYC blows me away everytime I see it.  Mr. Kinstler's last of the great actress... it is my favorite.  



Here is a CLOSE UP I shot recently.   Look at those edges, volume, subtle value and temp shifts!  Did I mention the likeness....wow!  What a MASTER.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I couldn't agree more Shane, One of my favorites..and for all the right reasons. A reminder why we love Mr. Kinstler's work so very much. Everything is there..drawing , color, masterful values and SPIRIT!

Thanks and keep up the good work!

Sonia Hale said...

It's so great to see photos of paintings you admire on your travels, Shane. The close-up is wonderful to see. Mr. Kinstler really caught her jewel-like sparkle!

Laurel Alanna McBrine said...

Oh, this is gorgeous! I don't remember seeing it before. Is it in any of Mr. Kinstler's books?

Thanks!