Welcome!

Welcome to my blog! I hope you enjoy visiting from time to time. I will have fun posting information related to current projects, my travels, or just random thoughts! Feel free to post your comments anytime.

Thursday, May 29, 2008

Summer Workshop in June




Jack Richeson School of Art
Portrait Class
Kimberly, Wisconsin
June 23-27,2008


I spoke with my friend and mentor Ray Kinstler after he returned from teaching a week long workshop at the Richeson School last year. He was excited about his experience and praised both the quality of the school and the directors.

When they phoned to ask if I would teach a class there this summer, I could not say no! Although I travel the country for portrait commissions, I rarely travel to teach. I am excited about the class and so looking forward to my week in Wisconsin.

During the workshop, we will be painting from live models in a spacious studio. I will be giving one-on-one instruction, demonstrations, and lectures throughout the week. Everyone will receive a nearly 200 page workbook I have written to compliment the week's studies. The class will kick off on Sunday night with a reception honoring the 2008 Figure Portrait Competition. The competition winners will be announced that evening.

If you are interested in attending, contact:

Art School Director, Terry Stanley
Email: artschool@richesonart.com
Richeson School of Art
PO Box 160
Kimberly, WI 54136-0160
920.738.0744

2 comments:

Lessie Venardo Dixon said...

What's up BIG MIKE,

This really helped me out, I see that there are some things I, myself need to work on. For example finding the body inside the clothing, I can not wait to try this out, Thanks my Friend.

Anonymous said...

Now, why can't I keep my portraits that free, loose, and fresh ?

Ned Bittinger